Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 31, 2020

Love the Lists

It’s the only way I remember to do all the things!

Lists!

Good sales today.

Paid the rent.

Did some filing.

Boxed up Chicklet’s big dragon and added a couple of cards and a small engagement gift for Vegan Chickie and Prince of Perfection, then sent it in the mail - cost a fortune in postage!

Priced some pre-loved clothing and put them on the rack.

Paid The Jewel for two of her items that I sold.

Created a membership book and a leaflet which explains the concept ...


Stuck three leaflets around the shop.

Spoke to a lady regarding my upcoming journaling workshop.

Created a lay-by book so that I can offer that service to “special” customers.

Made a new ‘to do’ list for next week.

That’s a fairly productive kind of day.

My only home chore was to tend to psychotic dog Ruby’s eye.

I’m looking forward to a quiet Sunday and enjoying some R&R this weekend. My energy levels have improved significantly since I started showing myself some love by feeding my body more nutritious foods.

Today’s nutrition: lemon water, chicken broth, water, coffee, coconut yoghurt with blueberries, strawberries and banana. 2 chicken wings. Fruit whip.

It’s wonderful to not have pain after eating and I can’t believe that I did that to myself for so long.

I wore my smallest jeans to work today because I’ve lost 2kgs and I was able to do them up for the first time in about 18 months.

It’s almost 11pm so it’s sleep time for me.


Nite all.

No comments: