Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 27, 2020

Comparitively

This time last year, in Australia, there had been 430 deaths from seasonal flu.

This year there has been 36 deaths from seasonal flu and 155 deaths from COVID-19.

Every year, in Australia, between 1500 and 3000 people die of seasonal flu. There are 18,000 hospitalisations and 300,000 Drs visits. Follow this link to read about it Seasonal flu stats

I just want to understand why nobody ever cared about high seasonal flu deaths but the entire country has been shut down for Covid and Victoria is panicking about 42 people in intensive care.

The longer this goes on, the more confused I am about EVERYTHING. None of it makes any sense.

Compare the two

Anyway, today has been another day of R&R.

I received a package of bamboo towels and bath mats + king sized bamboo sheets that I ordered last Tuesday ...



My nutrition for the day:  lemon water, chicken broth, coffee, water, coconut yoghurt, strawberries, half duck breast, sweet potato fritters, fruit whip (pineapple, banana, mango, coconut cream, coconut yoghurt, maple syrup, salt).

This evening I played the BBC Radio 2 Pop Master Quiz at 7.30pm. I got 9 points in the first round and 24 points in the second round. Vegan Chickie, Prince of Perfection and his Mum all play together every night and I was invited to play tonight.

I have to invite Adoring Husband and Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair to play too.

Gotta work tomorrow, so I’d best get some sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: