Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Out of Time

It was a very emotional meditation this morning with at least half of the attendees shedding some cleansing tears. 

One lady picked up her keys and almost left but The Gypsy gently asked her to “please stay” and that person waited patiently at the end of the class to give The Gypsy a warm hug.

I appreciate these classes more and more as I see the changes occurring in people who are ready to heal. It’s awesome to be a part of something so remarkable.

I got to spend a good 30 minutes with The Gypsy after the class and she showed me how to set up the massage table that I bought from her. It will be much easier to massage Adoring Husband’s tight and aching muscles if he’s on the table as opposed to the bed.

A handful of ladies stayed behind for coffee and didn’t leave until well after 11am. There was lots of laughter and noise coming from the training room which created a great energy in the shop. 

They’ve decided to form a craft group that meets on Wednesdays in the training room a couple of hours after meditation has finished - for a small cost. They will do all the work setting up the room so I don’t have to do anything. I like the idea.

As those girls walked OUT the door, a bag of preloved clothes walked IN the door, closely followed by two boxes of stock from the courier, which remain unopened in the training room as I write this.

There will be more stock arriving tomorrow and Friday, so I’m going to be a busy little bumble bee this week!

I spoke to a couple of suppliers, served a lot of customers (a good sales day) and spent a lot of time trying to figure out why ‘some’ of my emails aren’t landing in my laptop inbox. That’s still a work in progress.

AH picked me up at 2pm and we drove directly home where I changed out of my work clothes, parked my butt on the couch and began watching a Netflix series called ‘Good Girls’. It was recommended by the girls doing the journaling class. It’s a good one!

We had pork loin chops with salad for dinner, compared our footy tips, watched The Bachelor and came to bed.





The day has passed quickly!

Nite all.

No comments: