Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Artfully Deliberate!

So, last week, somebody asked me If I knew an artist who could create a particular painting for him, which he wants to gift it to his wife for Christmas.

I thought about it for a while and replied “I’ll give it a go!”

😳

What was I thinking?

I actually told him that I would make an attempt and if I failed I would give him a couple of names to follow up.

So I started today.

It’s the largest piece of art that I’ve ever attempted and this canvas has been sitting in my studio for a year because I was too afraid to use it.

Even though I can show you this stage, I can’t show you any more until after Christmas, but I’m happy with the progress so far.


As you can see, I did NOT spend all day in bed as planned!

Even though I sent Adoring Husband to the shop to pick up my diary and a couple of other books and a folder that I forgot to bring home yesterday, I didn’t actually do any book work or paperwork or studying or ordering or ANY of the ‘things’.

I did a baked chicken and vegetables for dinner, which was delicious.

Because I had to stop and let the paint dry before beginning the next stage, I sat in the lounge room with AH and watched the classic old movie “The Court Jester” with Danny Kaye. An oldie but a goodie.

I dipped my toes in the pool ... still a bit too chilly for a swim, but it’s getting close!

Nothing more to report for Sunday, but I’ve got a lot planned for Monday. I hope I can squeeze it all in.




Nite all.

No comments: