Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Big Day In

Just as I suspected, I was not impressed about having to wake up early to do all the ‘things’ that I didn’t do yesterday! I pushed it to the limits and got up 30 minutes earlier than usual.

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the shop, cleared the art stuff away and set the tables up for the journaling class AND for morning coffee with the girls.

He was also kind enough to watch the shop while I ordered my coffee and checked the mail

There were five of us for coffee but I have no idea what time the girls left because I was serving a strange young man who took more time than I’d have liked. We’d all had a nice morning together anyway ... as we do.

Which reminds me ... the link to Bamboo sheets and towels that we were discussing today.

Considering how wet the weather was today, sales were better than I thought they’d be, but I still had time to finish off the class sheets for journaling, clear all the washed up art tools from the kitchen and chat with a couple of suppliers about orders I’ve made.

I took delivery of the Imagine Ellie order, but didn’t have the time to unpack it all. AH helped me put one of the stands together but the rest was put aside for tomorrow.

Two ladies joined me for journaling this afternoon. I must say that I enjoy hearing their stories and they are both around my age so I can relate to everything they talk about. There’s a bit of raucous laughter, a touch of shame, quite a few “me too!”s and some “ahas” scattered about.

The process is quite cathartic and it triggers lots of forgotten fun memories and some not so fun, but always worth writing about.

While we were in the training room, the new cleaner was dusting. She did a very thorough job on the small section that she got done in the hour. She probably got through about one third of the shop, but that third is very shiny clean!

At 3.30pm AH arrived to help me fold up the tables, vacuum and set up the room for meditation tomorrow morning. It was almost 4.30pm by the time we pulled into the driveway and I was ready to put my feet up.

Sausages and salad for dinner. AH is good with that barbecue!

I’ve gotta be up early for meditation tomorrow so here is where I sign off.

Nite all.

No comments: