Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Slow But Productive

I remember looking at the clock at 10.30am and feeling impressed with myself for achieving so much in such a short time.

Do you think I can remember now, what I actually did?

I got nothin’

It was a very slow sales day. There were LOTS of people through the door from the minute it opened til the minute we closed, but very few wanted to spend money.

I priced 3 boxes of stock and put it out for display, priced and hung the preloved clothing, filed the invoices, actually made some lunch and ate it, wrote out an Intrinsic order in my “Wish List” book and packed up ready to leave at 2pm (I think I’ve remembered everything 😳)

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay.

We stopped off at the vet to pay her for the visit to our house when she took care of Jack.

Cartridge World was the only place with my printer ink in stock, so that was our next stop.

I decided to top up my stock of small canvases, so we stopped briefly at Spotlight before doing a small shop at the supermarket.

I decided to buy a blender to keep at the shop so that I can make my green juices and berry smoothies during the day.

Finally, we came home, both exhausted! 

Barramundi fillets cooked in butter and served with a big salad for dinner.

Now I am ready for bed. I fit a lot into today!


Nite all.

No comments: