Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 11, 2020

On a Roll

I expected three deliveries today but received just one, which means that I’ll have to be at the shop on Monday when the other two arrive.

Bugger.

My first task this morning was to replace the ink cartridges in the new printer. The cartridges that it comes with are the equivalent of samples so they didn’t last very long. It was a surprisingly easy task so it was a good way to start my work day.

Next, I put together three more Imagine Ellie stands, rearranged the main table to create a space to fit one of the new stands.

I unpacked and priced the small package of new stock.

Photocopied a bunch of receipts and filed them.

Created three new files.

Spoke to a supplier and changed an order.

Served a steady flow of customers - it was an average day of sales.

Took more stock from the Men’s Shed and paid them for a couple of sales.

Paid one of my consignment ladies AND Sassy Duck for a big order that should arrive in about ten days.

Tidied my desk - which lasted all of one hour 😳

Had a visit from The Motivator. She brought some pre-loved clothes in, picked up some items that I‘d ordered for her and took home some things that she’d left behind in June.

We discussed her using the treatment room starting in November.

AH and I arrived home after 2.30pm and all I wanted was to sit down, put my feet up and not think about anything except TV entertainment for the remainder of the day. Mind numbing, vacuous and restful for the brain.

It’s 7.30pm and I’m about to play the BBC2 radio quiz. After that, I’m off to bed to fall asleep watching the 2nd footy game!

I’m looking forward to my weekend off with nothing planned except resting.



Nite all.

No comments: