Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 13, 2020

I’m Late! I’m Late!

It’s almost midnight and I just realised I forgot to do this!

It’s been crazy weather today and my big heavy “OPEN” sign that usually sits strong and sturdy at the front door of the shop was thrown against the glass front and then dragged along the path towards the rear car park, over the step into the driveway where it smashed onto its side!

Luckily the “Town Spokesperson” was there and was able to pull it upright for me and wheel it back to the shop where I made the decision to park it inside the front door. Thank goodness there was no car driving into or out of the car park at the time because that huge sign could have done some serious damage!

We’ve received some good rainfalls and I think there’s a bit more on the way yet.

Considering the dreadful weather, I was happy with today’s sales and I had time to clear some paperwork, create more files (seems to be a never ending job), print some invoices, pay a supplier and browse through some catalogues.

I made a lengthy “to do” list for my Sunday in bed and imagined my addition to the piece of art that I’m working on.

We were home by 1.30pm and I put a load of washing on before putting my feet up to watch the movie “About Time” which was supposed to be a comedy but had me in tears for a good portion of it. I enjoyed it though.

Super Saturday football was disappointing because my team lost a game that most predicted they would win.

Now I’m off to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: