Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Over The Hump

What a day!

Another emotional meditation morning. Only nine in attendance but a powerful session with amazing aha moments.

The Gypsy had to leave straight after the session because she had big plans and the usual ladies stayed behind for coffee and then extended their time with some crafty time together.

I didn’t get to join them because I had customers to serve and suppliers on the phone as well as one in the shop. The fabulous Daniel who was selling hats AND promoting his own t-shirt business which I absolutely loved, so that’s next on my radar and for which I’ll be saving some pennies to purchase.

Oh there was another lady from Brisbane who had asked me last year if I would look at her hand made jewellery but The Motivator was away at the time so I asked this lady to come back when TM returned. This lady had some family issues and had to return home to deal with everything and never got back to me ... until today.

She left her very large bag of goodies with me and I spent some time today choosing some pieces that I loved, the total of which was too much, so I culled half and was happy with my end result.

It was a good sales day - but I spent 6 times the amount I made! 😳

I feel that the universe is testing my financial resolve and I’m walking the tight rope ... to the right is a financial bonanza and to the left is financial ruin! 🤣🥴😄 Which way will I fall?

Just joking ... I’m rubbing my hands with glee and enjoying this challenge - the challenge is staying efficiently focused and managing my time balancing work, relationship and self care in a healthy way.

So far, so good.

Before we came home this afternoon, I had to send a parcel off to a customer who purchased from her home on the Sunny Coast via my Facebook page.

Sadly, the coffee machine at our local was under repair so there was no afternoon caffeine hit for me.

When I arrived home, I had just enough motivation to do a load of washing, but after that I was in shut down mode. It was even leftovers for dinner so not a lot of effort was required there.

Look at this fabulous photo of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn waiting in the wings at the Oscars in 1938 (I think).




Now I’m off to sleep so that I’m ready for a busy and profitable Thursday!

Nite all.

No comments: