Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Distracted

I was so distracted by everything yesterday that I completely forgot to post here!

I was very busy, between customers, setting up for the art workshop. 

The method that we were attempting this week required a few extra resources like 2 different sizes of paint brushes, a stencil for each person which I had to print out, cut out, laminate and then cut out again. It was the first time that I’d used my new laminator and on the first attempt I jammed the damned thing!

We needed lead pencils, pins, acrylic paint pens and then all the usual stuff like paints, Floetrol, cups, stirring sticks, gloves, paper towel, tubs of water, cloths, silicone mats, spray bottles, oil droppers and more.

It’s no easy feat and takes me 2 days to set up - because I choose to do it inside work hours and try to do it with the least amount of stress and pressure possible. Adoring Husband plays a big hand in it too.

Everybody enjoyed the class today and one of the ladies brought a bottle of wine - which we shared between 8 of us! It was delicious and I saved the bottle for future reference!

That same lady has booked me to run a class for adults at her house in December. While her daughter is enjoying her first birthday party, the female adults will be drinking wine and painting up a storm! Sounds like fun!

Thank goodness the girls all pitch in and clean up the mess after class so there is very little for me to do except fold up the tables and move the completed art works. 

It was a good sales day on Friday and even better on Saturday.

We arrived home around 4pm and even though my back was killing me and my body was complaining loudly, I went straight to the kitchen where I cooked chicken three ways - pork and chicken meatballs, chicken wings plus chicken thighs with tomato and onion.

THEN I put my feet up and watched the footy.

My back thanked me.

I’m looking forward to spending some self caring time in bed tomorrow. My journaling lesson is already prepared so I don’t have to do any work over the next two days.

Now its midnight.

Sleep time!

Nite all.

No comments: