Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 14, 2020

Waiting Game

A friend posted this on FB today and I love it so I thought I’d share it here.

"If the mountain seems too big today,

Then climb a hill instead.

If the morning brings you sadness,

It's okay to stay in bed.

If the day ahead weighs heavy

And your plans feel like a curse,

There's no shame in re-arranging,

Don't make yourself feel worse.

If a shower stings like needles

And a bath feels like you'll drown,

If you haven't washed your hair for days,

Don't throw away your crown!

A day is not a lifetime,

A rest is not defeat.

Don't think of it as failure,

Just a quiet, kind retreat.

It's okay to take a moment

From an anxious, fractured mind.

The world will not stop turning

While you get realigned.

The mountain will still be there

When you want to try again,

So climb it in your own time

...and love yourself 'til then." 

By Laura Ding - Edwards — at Agent Dynamics

Adoring Husband and I spent 2 hours at the shop waiting for a delivery that never arrived. I think it might have been with the early courier.

We found some small jobs to do while we were there so it wasn’t a total lost cause.

At home, I got some washing done and tried on the four new swimsuits that I bought online. I like them all bar one.





I haven’t talked about my nutrition for a while. Today’s: lemon water, bacon, avocado, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, coffee, berry smoothie (blueberries, strawberries, banana, coconut water & a scoop of vegan ice cream), pork sausage and salsa (cucumber, capsicum, tomato, shallots, apple, avocado & sprouts), GF cookie, lots of water.

Now I’m going to sleep like a baby - because AH is sleeping silently after using the Himalayan Salt pipe again today.

Nite all.

No comments: