Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Over and Out

Another one of those days that passed so quickly it took my breath away!

Adoring Husband put the folding tables up this morning so that I could set up for the art workshop, but the day and the customers and the delivery and the visitors got the better of me and no setting up happened.

It was a good sales day 👍

The Welsh Wonder visited me with coffee and we looked online for floating pool chairs. It took a bit of searching, but we eventually found what we hope will be the perfect chairs for our Summer floating activities.

A delivery of stock finally arrived - they claimed they attempted delivery on Monday, but we all know that’s a fib because AH and I were there waiting!

It took a while to unpack, check off, price and display everything because I had to rearrange some display areas to fit the new stuff in! I’d better sell a lot of stuff in the next week because there’s more stock arriving next week.

We removed all of the art from the treatment room and put it in the training room but I’m not sure where it’s going next. It could be home or it could be some random corner of the shop somewhere. Pfft. I dunno.

There were late customers and we didn’t lock and leave the shop until 2.30pm. I usually close at 2pm.

I did a few chores before sitting down this afternoon and then prepared an early dinner for AH who was off to SES training. Luckily he had done most of the hard work by putting the meat in the slow cooker earlier in the day so I didn’t have to do much. He’s a champion.



Now it’s almost midnight so it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: