Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Deliberately Artful

It was a lovely morning to welcome Beauty home after her extended time away. She has dealt with some trying times of late and was in need of some hugs of love and friendship. An impromptu morning tea was just what the doctor ordered.

I had a busy 90 minutes with customers in the shop, and during the quiet time I ordered more stock and printed out some of my second lesson for the journaling group, so I was quite productive until 30 minutes before the art class was due to begin.

Oh and it was an excellent sales day 👍

I got changed into my casual gear and my apron, prepared the fruit 🍉 for afternoon tea and was ready to welcome everyone as they arrived, taking their payments and getting them all settled for the class.

The class was full on!

The technique that I selected for this week (thanks Krocca! 🥴) took a lot less time to complete than I expected. It was something new for me and I didn’t get a chance to attempt it before the class so it was a surprise to realise at 2.20pm that we had all finished the three planned pieces and there was still an hour left to play with!

Some, but not all, of today’s creations:







Everyone seemed happy with their efforts and all left with a smile on their face. That’s always a good thing.

I wanted to share something not likely to be reported by mainstream media ...

Letter from Victorian doctors 

Adoring Husband and I enjoyed butter chicken for dinner tonight - prepared in the 30 minutes between football games this afternoon.

I am looking forward to a good sleep and a lazy Sunday in bed - although I have quite a bit planned in my bedroom/study/office. 

Have an amazing Sunday.

Nite all.

No comments: