Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Be Nice

Even though I was woken early by the sound of psychotic dog Colli howling at the garage door, I had a great start to the day and arrived at work early to set up for morning tea with my girls.


There was snorting laughter, inappropriate insults, some gentle venting, holiday planning, medical discussions and other general silliness that filled two hours!

That’s always my favourite way to start Tuesdays.


As is always the case 11:00am marked the beginning of a 90 minute influx of customers so I was kept on my toes.

Luckily Adoring Husband phoned me so I asked him to come help me set up the training room for the new workshop/class/gathering which was set to begin in an hour.

This means that I need to be especially nice in this post because there could possibly be four new readers watching!

The first gathering for ‘Journaling Your Life’ happened today.

I, for one, really enjoyed it and I was especially inspired by the enthusiasm and motivation of the four fabulous women who sat at the table with me. All very different and all with remarkable stories to tell. I hope I get to hear more of them over the weeks to come.

I’m not just saying that 🤪

After the ladies left, Adoring Husband folded away the tables and I set the room up for meditation in the morning.

It didn’t feel like it but at the end of the day, when I added up the sales, it was a good day!

Once again, no rest for the wicked and as soon as we arrived home, I changed out of my work clothes to act as AH’s trades assistant and helped instal a new toilet cistern!

Talk about a Jill of all Trades.

I was sure to wash my hands thoroughly before preparing curried chicken for dinner!

I’ve just about dislocated my jaw from excessive yawning this evening so I feel that early sleep is on the cards. It will be another early start tomorrow.

Oh and as promised yesterday, here are the new purchases from Tinkerbells ...


Nite all.

No comments: