Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Two Extremes

What a crazy morning!

It was almost a full house for meditation and the class was powerfully affirming in so many ways as we discussed our powers in relation to our virtues.

I have been practicing my powers diligently and I feel like I’m in a good place, making sure I have a good balance between self care and work while not being affected by outside dramas, knowing when to mind my own business and leaving others to mind their business.

At the three month mark of working the shop on my own, I still feel energised, enthusiastic and motivated. I’m ensuring a good sleep pattern, keeping my nutrition levels high (which helps with energy levels), drinking lots of water, meditating daily, practicing my deep breathing, doing a little self-kinergetics (as taught to me by The Motivator) and drinking my lemon water and broth daily.

The one thing that’s lacking is my movement/activity/fitness practices. Non-existent at this point. Unless you count being on my feet a LOT at work! Now that it’s warming up in the mornings, I’ll soon begin riding my trike to work again.

Anyway! As I was saying about this morning ...

After meditation, the usual ladies stayed behind for coffee in the training room. I had too much to do, so I stayed at my desk, head down, bum up!

At 9.30am the shop filled up with customers and for the next hour, I was SO busy and so focused just trying to be efficient and fast and keeping everyone happy, I had no time to write down sales between customers.

In that one hour, I almost broke my daily sales record and I was certain it was going to be a blinder of a day!

It was 10.20am when the last customer from that hectic hour left.

Even though I had MANY more customers through the doors for the remainder of the day, I did not make one more sale!

Can you believe it!?

I had a very productive day anyway, ordering the new range of Sassy Duck bags, catching up on paperwork, annotating the first journaling class, creating new folders for suppliers, paid a bill, talked to a couple of people about the cleaning job I’ve got available and more.

At 2pm, which is my new closing time, I pulled in the flags, chairs and signs and went through the closing routine by myself because I forgot to tell AH that I’d changed the time! He turned up at 2.30pm wondering what was going on!

I must say, after the early start and all that productivity, I was ready to sit back and put my feet up so I didn’t bring any work home with me and I have been a couch potato all afternoon. AH had leftover curried chicken for dinner and I heated up some broth with a mixture of fresh wild mushrooms for mine.



I can’t believe it’s heading towards 11pm already. Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: