Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 4, 2020

I’m in Heaven

My suppliers are sending me catalogue after catalogue after catalogue.

I’m in shopper’s heaven!

This is a true test of my self control, which has been teetering between “solid as a rock” and “non-existent” for the last three months.

A customer walked in today and exclaimed “jeez, I wouldn’t want to be the one doing stocktake in here!” so I gave him directions to Van Cootens and told him to come back and tell me which out of the two shops he’d prefer to do stocktake for.

No contest really 😳

Every hour on the hour I tallied up my sales and thanked the universe for ‘providing’.

It was an unusual day of sales because the pattern is normally no sales until 11am, good sales from then until 12.30pm and then dribs and drabs or next to nothing until 3pm.

Today I had equal sales every hour on the hour from 10am until closing time.

I took it pretty easy for the day, mostly going through catalogues and making wish lists in my book.

I had a quick visit from The Motivator and we exchanged big squishy hugs. Short but sweet.

There is a special birthday for a local lady on Saturday so I assisted in a few gift selections. She is well respected and well loved, so there was much thought going into her gifts.

One of my regular ladies came by especially to show me her car, with which she assures me, she is deeply in love 😍 and I could understand why.

After closing time, I rushed home to make an important phone call which lasted for over an hour and I soaked up every minute of it! More later on that!

We had the usual easy Friday night dinner cooked with love by Adoring Husband, who informs me that the pool temperature has climbed to 24°C. Another 4° and I’ll be in for the first swim of the season. Another 8° before AH dives in! I can’t wait!

We’ve watched two games of footy - still watching the bunnies play a good game against Melbourne Storm and there are 25 minutes remaining.


It’s a nice early night for me.

Nite all.

No comments: