Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 31, 2020

Shopping Spree

After a lazy couple of hours in bed this morning, Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay for some essentials and some ‘not so’ essentials!

First stop Tinkerbells.

I could EASILY have spent $20,000 in there ... if only I had that sort of money spare for jewellery and crystals! They have so many beautiful new jewellery pieces, amazing carved, polished and natural large crystals and remarkable geode caves, artistic pieces with three different styles of crystals put together.

*sigh*

I had to make difficult choices.

I haven’t taken photos yet so I will describe them and put photos up tomorrow.

I got a large silver and turquoise ring to go with the turquoise pendant I bought last week.

I selected a multi-stone bracelet with aquamarine crystal, blue topaz and pearl.

Because I’d already spent more than I’d planned, and I didn’t want to miss out on it, I put on lay buy another bracelet with green crystals including prehnite and peridot.

I had selected the most amazing natural fluorite crystal the size of a rockmelon, the colours of which were the deepest hues of ocean green - I was immediately drawn to it - but I practiced self control and returned it to it’s place on the shelf.

Adoring Husband sat in the car for 45 minutes while I talked business with the owners and admired all the beautiful ‘stuff’ that they excitedly gathered for my viewing.

Thank goodness I don’t own that shop! I’d be keeping everything for myself!

We left there to go in search of mini squeeze bottles for the art class, stock up on new paints - some premixed and some not - small canvases and some new mini torch blowers.

Of course we had to make a detour to the Su Jus Cafe to stock up on slices, muffins and green juice.

We dropped my purchases off at the shop, bought some meat for tea from the butcher, grabbed a coffee for AH and we were both exhausted when we arrived home at 3.30pm.

Little Colli was very excited to see us! That’s the longest she’s been left at home alone since we lost Ruby and Jack. She seemed to survive ok.

No rest for the wicked. I had to phone a rep and make an order as soon as I arrived home.

I emailed the September newsletter to my members.

I finished the first lesson for the journaling course.

Cooked a chicken, mushroom, onion, spinach, broccoli and garlic dish for dinner.

Printed out some sheets for the class.

It has been a productive day with retail therapy so I shall sleep feeling very satisfied with myself!



Nite all

No comments: