Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 12, 2020

First Time

A lesson learned.

Thank goodness there was only three of us for vision boarding because the mess was vast and it took four hours to complete.

With more people, more chatter and more pictures, quotes and words of affirmation, it would have taken up so much more time and space.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and while we were unexpectedly very pressured to get the board completed in such a short time, it was inspiring, challenging and very satisfying to see the end result.

One young woman came all the way from Hervey Bay and the three of us had very similar interests and beliefs regarding health and wellness so we had plenty in common and much to talk about.



It was a good sales day and the cleaner (Molly’s Mum) came this morning and completely cleaned on top of and behind the counter area of the shop. I am grateful for her because she saves me precious time by doing the mundane dusting and cleaning that is necessary but not enjoyed by me.

While I was triking home at dusk, I ran into Bombshell in her mobility cart coming home from happy hour at Reality TV Queen’s place. That added fifteen minutes to my journey home and it was almost dark when I opened the garage door to park the trike.

I’m grateful that Adoring Husband took the initiative and decided to cook Friday night’s dinner tonight and I was able to sit down and have dinner served immediately.

AH and I watched a light and fluffy Netflix movie before coming to bed and I believe I will sleep very well tonight.

It’s been a good day.

Nite all.

No comments: