Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Weird Day

I arrived at the shop EXTRA early to have some extra time with The Gypsy before meditation.

The time passed so quickly - it seems there is never enough time to talk about all the things we want to discuss. An hour before and after meditation and we still feel robbed when we have to do other life stuff instead of continuing our conversation.

After she left, I made a tea and joined the ladies in the training room where we chatted about art and told old work stories for an hour. They all left just before 11am.

It was a slow day for sales and I was handed the rates bill after lunch - an expense that I knew, in the back of my mind, would be arriving soon, so it’s not a shock.

I paid the 2nd part of two orders that have finally arrived at the warehouses and are now on their way to me.

I checked my bank account against my budget and got the thumbs up.

I began to create my half page ad for the December newsletter and cleared the clothes rack, rebounder and box out of the treatment room in readiness for The Motivator’s day IN tomorrow.

Of the five people booked in for the vision board workshop, four have pulled out! Who knows what might happen tomorrow, but whatever ... The Motivator and I will create our vision boards together ourselves - it’s no biggie. What will be, will be.

Sadly, NSW defeated QLD in the State of Origin game tonight. Let’s hope QLD can bring it home in the decider next week.

On that note, I am rolling over to sleep now.

Nite all.


No comments: