Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 13, 2020

Out of Time

Huge sales today, which meant less time to prepare the training room for the art workshop on Saturday so I have a bit to do tomorrow!

I paid bills, filed paperwork, made lunch, restocked the counter drawer with bags, served many many customers, made 2 ‘to do’ lists - one for setting up the training room and another for everything else I need to do.

I have a lot to do 😳

By mid afternoon, I realised that I didn’t have enough canvases of one size for the class. So Adoring Husband drove me into The Bay where, to my complete and utter joy, I discovered the canvases were on sale at 40% off!

Needless to say, I doubled up on my purchases and returned home with 46 canvases. That’s enough for 4 more workshops. Bargain 🤩

As I was rushing to the loo while AH waited in the car, I noticed that Just Jeans was having a sale! Of course I had to duck inside and have a peek (yes! I had a pee and then a peek 😂) Two tops later and the sales person told me “you only need to spend $50 more this month and you will get $10 off your next purchase” 

She made it sound like a real bargain, but it makes no sense to me ... firstly I have to spend another $50 and THEN I have to purchase something else (their average price is around $50 per item) so now I’ve spent $100 to get $10 off!!!

I met AH outside and we drove straight back to my shop to offload the canvases and pick up the cash tin and my laptop bag. I wheeled my trike out of the shop to ride home while AH drove.

Sounds like there is a storm approaching so it might be time to sign off and climb into bed.

Nite all.


No comments: