Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Not Lazy Sunday

I’m feeling pretty good about my Sunday.

I stayed in bed until after lunch.

In bed, I worked on the Vision Board workshop that I’m holding in the training room on Thursday afternoon and I watched and participated in The Gypsy’s meditation lesson in YouTube. I also thought about my ‘word’ for 2021 and have narrowed it down to three. I’ll let you know when I decide.

The pool was whispering my name, so I threw a load of washing in the machine, changed into my swimmers, grabbed a towel, hit ‘play’ on my Carole King music and slid into the water. It was quite chilly at first but it only took two laps to feel perfectly delightful.

I did the usual routine of swimming some laps, exercising, stretching and floating then sitting in the egg chair drying off and using my phone to play in Facebook for a while.

More whispering was heard when the easel with the commissioned artwork began calling my name. I changed into dry clothes and stood at the easel for over two hours. I’m quite pleased with my progress and my result so far. I wish I could share my progress with you, but it’s a secret job that I can’t reveal until after Christmas.

We enjoyed salmon steak and salad for dinner followed by a sliced up mini watermelon 🍉 for dessert.

It’s now approaching 11pm and I have plans afoot for tomorrow - mostly work related - so it’s time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: