Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

On The Back Foot

I woke up bright and early, well before the alarm.

I was really enjoying my extended time in bed for a week day morning and was imagining how my day was going to pan out ... when suddenly it was 8.10am and I still had to iron my jeans, shower and wash my hair, apply make up, pack my trike basket and be at the shop in time to open the shop by 9am!

After such a great start, I was now on the back foot and that’s pretty much where I stayed for the entire day.

It was an average day of sales.

I missed most of the coffee morning with the girls because of a high maintenance visitor, which was disappointing. It was nice though, to have Bombshell back in the fold.

To balance the high maintenance lady, I had an extended visit with a local business owner which I enjoyed very much.

I fruitlessly searched for the plastic letters that go in my sign.

I displayed the new framed photos.

I put out some of the Christmas decorations.

I set up the training room for tomorrow’s meditation.

I emptied the internal bins and took the big ones out to the footpath.

I forgot to take the clean cloths in to the shop so my cleaner had nothing to clean with!

Ugh!

She’ll return on Thursday to complete her mission.

It was well after 3pm when I got home. I hung out some washing, made myself an ice cream and put my feet up until it was time to prepare a salad to go with the steaks that Adoring Husband was cooking on the barbecue.

I must say that I’m feeling quite weary and it’s not even 10pm!

Except for my ‘back foot’ situation, I enjoyed my day.

Nite all.


No comments: