Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year!

I’ve  had a fabulous end to 2020!

It was a crazy busy day in the shop and I broke sales records!

In between all of those customers, there were visits from new and old friends and regular customers for new year hugs which was just lovely.

One of the girls from meditation, who I now consider a friend, dropped in for a coffee. She was there for a while but I had to serve so many customers, we didn’t get to spend much real time together.

Adoring Husband picked me up at 2pm and I sat down to do some book work before we decided to go for a grounding walk on the beach. 

The tide was all the way out so the walking was difficult with the wind and the stones, weed and broken shells on the beach. We didn’t walk far.










As we walked back to the car, one of my art girls who lives on the waterfront came out and invited us for a drink. What a beautiful home she has! Her husband was very welcoming, as was her puppy dog and we sat out the front on her alcove verandah, drinking wine and watching the world go by ...

We hadn’t eaten all day so one glass of wine went straight to our head!

We enjoyed barramundi and salad for dinner and played trivia til 9pm.

It’s now midnight ...


Time for sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: