Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Flat Out!

It was a busy day at the shop.

So busy, I barely had any time with my girls for morning coffee 😕

I had no time to do anything between customers because there was always somebody in the shop and at one stage, I had 20 people wandering around! It was the first time I’d thought of putting the ‘maximum number of patrons’ sign on the door!

Needless to say, sales were good.

My cleaner came an hour earlier than usual because there was no journaling class and I wanted to leave the shop at 2pm. She dusted and chatted with me and some of the customers but still got the job done.

I received a LOT of parcels in the mail today, some of which should have arrived before Christmas because they included Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair’s gifts from me.

A few years ago, I purchased charm bracelets for both of us so that we could buy a charm for every holiday, but up until now, we didn’t have any charm except the car to represent our road trips.

This year I found:

  • A Halloween pumpkin for the great Halloween dress up as zombie brides
  • A koala for the wild one we found in a tree at Mallacoota
  • A mobile phone to represent our ‘selfie’ road trip
  • A dog to remind us of our babies who are no longer with us
  • Our first initial
  • Our birth stone
  • Angel wings for protection
I put each charm in their own individual box, wrapped each box in Christmas paper and presented them to BGWLBH this afternoon.

We also received a gift from Vegan Chickie which was a box of pop master quiz question cards. It took us a bit over an hour, with Adoring Husband reading the questions and our scores were BGWLBH 33 - ME 32.5! Soooooooo close!

We all, at the suggestion of BGWLBH, went for a grounding walk along the beach this afternoon. It was difficult to find the motivation after such a big day, but we’re glad we pushed ourselves because we always feel good for it.

Barramundi for dinner with a selection of three salads made by BGWLBH. Bloody delicious 😋 

I came to bed at 8.30pm and played pop master and this was followed by AH coming into the bedroom to tell me that my new water filter was leaking! I grudgingly got out of bed to inspect the damage, cleaned up the mess and made sure it was safe for the night.

Thank goodness he found it when he did because the filter is sitting on top of the mini freezer, so if water had leaked into the motor, it could have been a very expensive little exercise!

Anyway, it is rapidly approaching midnight so I should sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: