Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 1, 2021

First Day

It’s the first day of the rest if your life.

Eight years ago, I began a year long goal of writing on a piece of paper every day about something that made me happy. At the end of the year, there would be 365 pieces of paper to read - and all of them would be something to enjoy and celebrate.

Well, two weeks after I started, Adoring Husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and almost 2 weeks after that, we were hit by the tornado and life went a bit haywire. From memory, I think I had 18 pieces of paper in the jar by the 26th January and that’s where it stopped.

This year I’ve decided to have another go. I put the first happy piece of paper in my kombi van money box this evening and plan on doing it every day this year.

It was nice to have the day off and I slept until 8.20am.

Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay where I bought 2 tables for the arts a crafts area of the shop from Officeworks - along with LOTS of other bits and pieces because, well, it’s Officeworks!

I braved Bunnings and purchased 8 small cans of different coloured paint because Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I are going to paint that big bare wall next to the pool.

I also got some paint brushes from there.

We did some grocery shopping and on my way to Spotlight, I stopped at Strandbags and got myself a new wheelie laptop/briefcase because my old one has a broken wheel. It was on sale from $250 down to $150! Bargain!

I wanted some timber sign boards from Spotlight but unfortunately, there were none, so I stocked up on some canvases and Glue-All for the art class.

It was about 4pm when we arrived home and after I transferred everything from my old wheelie bag to the new one, I prepared a giant pan of mixed roast vegetables for dinner accompanied by chicken wings and home made gravy. It was nutritious and delicious. Potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, parsnip, turnip, onion and capsicum. A side dish of garlic buttered snow peas. Drooling.

No trivia tonight. We all shuffled to bed at 7.30pm and now, all of a sudden, it’s 11.30pm!

How did that happen?!


Nite all.

No comments: