Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Surprising

It was a surprisingly good day of sales at the shop! One of my best Saturdays ever.

Adoring Husband assembled my new tables this morning and I assisted him a couple of times between customers. I only got to sit down in the last 30 minutes when no customers came through the door.

It was noticeable today that some of my stock is very low and I need to order!

I also have to create my newsletter for January this weekend.

AH picked me up from work and after I did a load of washing and got yesterday’s washing off the line, I needed a nap. I lay down for 2 hours dozing on and off.

For dinner I made hash browns out of yesterday’s leftover roast vegetables and served them with Peking duck.

It seems with all this Covid nonsense, I’m going to miss Vegan Chickie’s wedding in Melbourne on 1st Feb. Disappointing, but necessary. I still haven’t met her fiancé and I haven’t seen Chicklet for over 2 years! Something’s gotta give! 

When I finally get down there, it will be the perfect time. The universe will make sure of it 🙏👍

We are all in bed early again tonight and I’m looking forward to a couple of days off. Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I have plans for Monday. Perhaps we’ll get arty farty tomorrow (Sunday).

Right now, I will sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: