Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Farewell

I remained in bed until 11.30am.

Adoring Husband went to do some contract gardening.

I made lunch for Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I and took it outside to the pool area where she was relaxing on the lounge reading a book.

After lunch, I changed into my swimmers and slid into the cool water, swam a few laps, did a few exercises, floated on my back and then got the floating bed out and floated in the sunshine for a while.

Later, we headed inside and played trivia for a couple of hours before making ourselves presentable for a farewell party that was being held on our street for Lady Lynn and Happy Harry who are moving south.

Just Adoring Husband and I attended from our house. BGWLBH remained at home with Colli watching old episodes of The Nanny.

There was a good crowd at the party. All the best people were there for the send off. Good food, good company, a nice speech by Happy Harry, a few tears from Lady Lynn and an amazing display from the giant colony of bats inhabiting the lagoon behind the house.

We are all feeling sad that these two beautiful people are leaving town and we will miss them like crazy. They are an integral part of many different groups and it’s going to take a while for each of those groups to rebalance and adjust to the loss.

But ... while it’s sad to be ending this chapter of their lives, it’s also exciting to be starting somewhere fresh and new, closer to family and closer to quality medical services, in a brand new home and surrounded by brand new potential friends.

And anyway, good friendships never end. We’ll all still be good and feelin’ the love from a distance.

We were home before 7.30pm ... yes we are old ... less than two hours!

While it was tempting to go straight to bed, we decide to watch I’m a Celebrity first and now it’s almost 11.30pm!

BGWLBH and I have a big day planned for tomorrow, so it’s sleepy time for me.






Nite all.

No comments: