Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 8, 2021

Why? Why? WHY?!?

2.52am was the moment in time when I woke during last night and could not get back to sleep.

I spent the entire time laying in bed in the dark rearranging my art and craft corner in the shop, emptying out my storage cupboard and setting up the training room for Saturday’s art class.

Try as I might, I could not relax back to sleep.

Needless to say, my energy levels were very low today but I squeezed out every single ounce that I could to get the ‘things’ done.

We opened the shop at 8.30am and I emptied everything out of the storage cupboard. I even found some stock which I priced and displayed.

There were a million empty boxes that belonged to nothing in the shop so I piled them near the back door ready for Adoring Husband to break up and bin.

I cleared the stock from the training room and found a space for it in the storage cupboard.

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair arrived at 10am to assist. She moved all of my art pieces from the storage cupboard and did some rearranging so there was lots of space available.

Then she began the long painful process of clearing the art and craft area. We piled everything into the training room and waited for AH to arrive so that he could move the big glass cabinets into the training room and hang my “Local Art & Craft” sign on the yellow wall.

We vacuumed.

We moved furniture.

We filled the glass cabinets with all the canvases and paints.

We set up the display tables and benches in the art corner.

We moved all of the art and craft from the training room back to the new display table.

We set up all the tables ready for the art class.

We cleared all of last years art and displayed it around the walls.

BGWLBH cut up most of the cardboard for the recycle bin.

I cleared everything from the benches in the training room.

We covered the art tables with plastic ready for the class.

BGWLBH dragged her tired hungry body home at 2pm while AH and I stayed on to clear up, set up and leave the shop and training room as presentable as possible.

It was a another big sales day so I was serving customers in between all of that too.

I didn’t make time to eat so we were all feeling pretty ‘hangry’ by 2pm.

BGWLBH went above and beyond today and like me, all her bits are aching from crawling on the floor, vacuuming the floors, lifting and carrying and being directed by AH all over the place!

New stock arrived in the middle of all that so I’ll have unpack and display that in the morning.

We still have to assemble two tall glass cabinets, which we’ll do next week.

What a day! 

We are all exhausted!

It’s 8.30pm and I’m in bed about to play Pop Master THEN I’m going to sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: