Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 4, 2021

Great Day

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I had a great day out.

I began with a Boost Juice and a pedicure.

BGWLBH began with nail infills followed by a Boost Juice.

We checked our losing lotto tickets, bought matching tops and I bought a light jacket.

Then we moved on to the Golf Club for lunch where we each had the most delicious food.

I selected the crispy skinned pork belly with watermelon and lychee salad and Asian dressing.

BGWLBH chose grilled barramundi with mango salsa and chat potatoes.

We each had a bit of a win on the pokies.

We drove to Tinkerbells where I purchased a green amethyst pendant.

Next was Go Natural to get some organic veggies and some probiotics. They didn’t have my BB Creme in stock, in fact I have never seen their shelves so empty! It left me wondering whether they may have changed hands or something. We’ll see.

Our final stop was Hervey Norman to print some photos. While we were there, I discovered a video/movie ring light and tripod on sale, so I grabbed one. It’s just what I need for creating my online course this year!

We were both feeling exhausted by the time we arrived home around 4pm!

I made myself a cup of tea and had a little lie down before preparing dinner for the masses. I was still satisfied from lunch so I worked on my newsletter at the table while the others ate.

We continued our trivia game from yesterday and I won!! Wahoo!!

Adoring Husband and I watched I’m a Celebrity before coming to bed and now it’s after 11pm! Time flies.

It’s been a great day but now I need to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: