Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rain Affected

The day has definitely been rain affected!

Adoring Husband was taking Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair to Maryborough for the markets but they were caught in a nasty downpour that led to some aqua planing on the wet road so they pulled over until it subsided and decided to turn back.

They took the back road to Hervey Bay instead and ran some errands for me, did some grocery shopping and purchased a new laptop for BGWLBH.

I was lucky that quite a few people braved the wet conditions and made their way up the driveway to the shop. It was a slow and steady start but sales finished with a flourish and the day ended on a very high note!

Similar to yesterday, there were some late comers and we didn’t close the shop until 3pm. It was worth remaining open for the extra hour.

BGWLBH was waiting at home with her new laptop and I sat with her to help set it up (even though I know very little about non-Apple products) and then, like a tag team, AH took over for the second sitting to install the virus protection.

What a team we made!

I made some tuna patties with last night’s leftover mash and BGWLBH made a couple of salads to go with them. Quite delicious!

Because we finished dinner so early, we played one and a half games of trivia. BGWLBH won the first one (Yes! She’s a freak!) and she and I are level for the second one.

I’ve played Pop Master and now I’m ready for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: