Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Thankful

I was so grateful that two of my art girls turned up early this morning to set up the training room.

It was a very slow day of sales, but that gave me a chance to unpack the stock that arrived yesterday, price and display it.

I mixed the coloured paints that I wanted to use for my art so that I was prepared to demonstrate when the time came.

The rain was patchy and heavy at times so I guess the potential customers were inside out of the weather.

Adoring Husband came to the shop before 1pm to close up while I got changed into my painting clothes and he then left - to return at 3.30pm to pick me up.

The art class was full, with a couple of newbies who had such a good time they’ve booked in for the next one and that class is fully booked already.










It was a great afternoon and everyone pitched in to help clean up which meant I didn’t come home exhausted like I usually do. I actually felt quite energised!

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I prepared some salads and sweet potato chips to have with the steaks that AH prepared on the barbecue for dinner.

Afterwards we played trivia. BGWLBH won the first game and I won the second. AH piked out on the second game.

Right now, AH and I are watching a fairly pathetic sci fi movie on Netflix. Charlie Sheen is in it. Good enough to stay watching to see what will happen at the end but poorly acted, terrible effects and a weird storyline.

It’s definitely time for bed.

BGWLBH and I are off to the movies with The Brains Trust in the morning so it’s time for me to get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: