Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Freak Me Out!

Last night, I set my alarm for 7am because we planned to leave home at 8.30am to meet The Brains Trust at the cinema where we were going to view “The Dry”.

For some strange unknown reason, my alarm did NOT go off and even stranger ... I slept until 8.15am!!

I jumped out of bed and ran to Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair’s room to show her that I was not ready and still in my PJs.

She questioned whether we would still be going and as I disappeared from her view I called out while shuffle running down the hall “Yes of course! I can be ready in 15 minutes!”

Twenty minutes later I emerged fully dressed, draped in jewellery, make up applied, hair brushed and bag packed ready to go!

I sent a text to The Brains Trust to tell her that we were running later than planned but would still arrive on time and just moments later she phoned to tell me that she was driving  right behind us!

We greeted each other in the car park and joined the long queue to purchase our movie tickets. Luckily, most of the patrons were seeing a different movie to us and our cinema was the newly renovated number five.

The seats almost felt like business class on a plane. Lush and leathery and spacious and comfortable. 

For an Aussie movie, it was pretty good. Very similar to The Dressmaker and Eric Bana has certainly gained a little sex appeal as he’s grown older! However the movie left us with more questions than answers and we agreed that we needed to read the book to hopefully fill in the blanks.

After the movie, we parted ways. BGWLBH and I drove to the supermarket for a grocery shop and then headed home for some lunch because we were starving! BGWLBH had forgotten to take her meds this morning and because I was running late, we didn’t get our morning smoothie so it was a double negative whammy!

At home I unpacked the groceries, made a light lunch for everyone and then sat down to eat my own lunch, after which I read the paperwork that I have to sign in front of a solicitor tomorrow, watched some TV with Adoring Husband, put the giant leg of lamb in the oven and lay down for a 40 minute rest.

We had roast lamb with seven vegetables and home made gravy for dinner.

We played trivia and guess who won? Not me. Not AH.

AH and I watched our recording of I’m a Celebrity before coming to bed and now it’s almost 11.30pm and I have to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: