Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Super Quiet

I had a good nights sleep, but a bad start to the day ... you know those days when you try on everything in your wardrobe and it all feels and looks terrible? That was my morning.

Because of that, I was late opening the shop.

Not that it mattered because only 2 people came into the shop before 1pm 😳

10 people came through the door between 1pm and 1.30pm.

Needless to say, it was a slow day for sales.

However! More stock arrived! So I was busy checking, pricing and displaying for most of the time.

I hope that some of the new clothes will arrive tomorrow and that should be it for ordering until after February.

While Adoring Husband manned the shop for the last 15 minutes, Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I drove into The Bay for a quick shopping trip.

On the recommendation of BGWLBH, I purchased this book ...

I got two tops and some perfume and we did a quick walk through the almost empty Target. There were no bargains to be found but we were surprised and disappointed to see that they were closing down. 

Apparently it may not be a permanent situation, so I guess we’ll wait and see.

We returned home by 4pm, and after an hour of rest time we prepared Peking Duck with sweet potato chips and salad for dinner.

The usual game of trivia and the usual winner 😳

Now it’s time to sleep, because as my new book tells me, sound and solid sleep is the foundation for strong health!

Nite all.

No comments: