Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 15, 2021

Birthday Boy

Happy birthday to Number One Son who turned 39 today.

You know you’re old when two of your kids are that close to 40. Vegan Chickie will be 41 in March.

Thank goodness for Bubbles who helps me feel just a touch younger.

It was a busy day in the shop with good sales.

The clothing arrived as expected so I spent all the time between customers steaming, pricing and displaying. There is still more to do and these are priced in the mid range.






I was pretty exhausted when I got home so I watched my fave Tipping Point and was struggling to keep my eyes open so I popped into bed for a power nap.

That did the trick and by the time I awoke, Adoring Husband had dinner ready.

We all played trivia and I won!! Just pipped AH at the post. BGWLBH was not having a good night. 

She and I played Scrabble afterwards and I defeated her by 179 points!!! Woot! Woot!

We made a happy birthday video to send to No 1 Son and I played Pop Master.

It’s 9.30pm and I’m ready for some more sleep, although I’m feeling a bit peckish. Perhaps a late night snack is on the cards?

Nite all.

No comments: