Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Penultimate

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair will be known, for today’s blog post only, as Uncle Jamie.

Inside joke.

SHE knows what I’m talking about!

It was nice to have Aggie visit me at work this morning. She’s been away for a while so there was some catching up to be had.

All of my sales at the shop happened between 11am and 12pm. It was a fabulous hour of sales.

I sold 5 of these dresses ...

and have sold two more on preorders! They are lovely and comfortable and cool.

Uncle Jamie, after having her nails done in The Bay, came to the shop and steamed the remainder of the tops from yesterday for me and then offered to vacuum the floors. That was a huge help.

Adoring Husband didn’t need to pick me up because Uncle Jamie helped me close up and drove us home.

I got changed and we made up a big share platter of various fruits, avocado and tuna dip, chicken pate and two different types of plain crackers for lunch.

Before swimming in the pool, we took all of the fruit left in the fridge, chopped it up and bagged it to freeze for smoothies.

It was a lovely afternoon in the water and then we lazed by the pool for about an hour.

We both decided to lay down for a nap in the late afternoon. Neither of us was very successful but it was good to at least rest.

Dinner was crispy skinned chicken with spinach, pumpkin and pine nut salad and a garden salad.

While Uncle Jamie cleaned up after dinner, AH and I drew up the grid on the wall beside the pool ready for Uncle Jamie to draw the turtle ready to be painted.

I hate Uncle Jamie!!

We played trivia and I won!!

Uncle Jamie was not happy 😆 

It was our penultimate day together and by the time you read this there will be just one more sleep til she hits the road and makes her way home.

Hopefully, all things going well with “the Rona” she will return in November. Our postponed road trip will be going ahead and we’ll have even more time together! Fingers crossed.

It’s now approaching 1am so it’s sleep time for me.




Nite all.

No comments: