Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 17, 2021

😭☹️😭

The holiday for Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair is over.

By the time you read this, she will be well and truly on her way.

We said our light and fluffy goodbyes tonight before bed and tomorrow morning we will avoid each other as she rushes out the door.

Her morning smoothie is prepared and in her cold flask. Her chicken and salad is prepared ready to throw in her cold bag. Her bags are packed and the car is loaded up.

We just can’t bear the goodbyes.

All going well, she will return in November.

Before I even got out of bed, she had drawn the outline of the turtle on the wall near the pool ...




I got out of bed at 8am and made our morning smoothie and went out to make judgement on her artwork.

We had a swim and a float and a loll in the early morning sunshine before lazing for a while under the Bali hut.

I made a few changes to the turtle and we came inside to create a delicious grazing platter for three for our lunch.

After lunch, we played trivia.

I won!

BGWLBH and I went to our bedrooms for an afternoon rest while Adoring Husband watched his new Dr Who dvds.

I prepared barramundi, sweet potato chips and a salsa for dinner. BGWLBH made a green salad.

It was delicious and we followed that with more trivia - which I won!! 🀸🏼🀸🏻‍♀️🀸🏽‍♂️

We are all in bed early and I’m feeling a bit low knowing that my house will be short one human tomorrow morning.

Nite all.

No comments: