Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Night of Ekk

I woke at midnight last night with mild stomach cramps that gradually increased in strength until I felt the need to sit on the loo.

I felt so bad, hot and clammy that I didn’t know if I wanted to sit on the toilet or hug it!

The cramps got worse and I felt like I had a temperature. I grabbed a hand towel, saturated it with cold water and wrapped it around the back of my neck and that’s where I sat for two hours.

There was no action, just cramps and sweating and feeling nauseated. 

By the time I could crawl back into bed, my pyjama top was drenched from the wet towel, but I left it on because the fan helped cool me down and by 3.30am I was sleeping soundly.

I woke to the alarm at 7am and hit the snooze button 4 times before I got up to have a shower.

I felt fine, but lack of sleep left me feeling pretty lethargic all day.

Lucky for me it was a very slow day for sales so I spent the time clearing my desk and mostly relaxing. I did however, discover halfway through the day that I was wearing my top inside out! That’s an indication of how out of sorts I was when I dressed myself!

I rested my tummy with a watermelon and pineapple juice in the morning and black tea during the day. Lots of water.

It’s now 10.30pm and I have a very early appointment so it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.


No comments: