Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Safe n Sound

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair arrived home safe n sound this afternoon.

Such a relief.

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the shop before 7.45am and spent 45 minutes clearing the disaster zone in the training room and vacuuming the floor.

He had to leave at 8.40am to drive psychotic dog Colli into The Bay for a well overdue grooming ...

My girls arrived for our coffee morning but it was busy in the shop and I got very little time with them. I don’t think I even sat for one entire conversation! 😳

Some more lady’s fashion items arrived in the mail so I spent almost the entire day steaming, pricing a displaying clothes. Steaming is the one drawback of having clothes in the shop.

Journaling was cancelled for the day due to illness and Drs appointments.

Molly’s Ma came to clean so I kept the shop open until 3pm. Nobody came in during that last hour.

Having said that, it was still a good day of sales!

We thoroughly enjoyed our salmon steak with salad for dinner tonight and after my early start, later finish and all that steaming, I’m definitely ready for sleep.

I am not Sophia, but I am all those other things ... as are you!

Nite all.

No comments: