Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Food Reject

My list of foods that impact my belly in a negative way:

  • Nuts
  • Seeds
  • Desiccated coconut
  • Gluten
  • Sea perch
  • Tasmanian scallops
  • Dairy
  • Tomatoes
  • Capsicum
  • Zucchini
  • Eggplant
and the list continues to grow ☹️

Allergies and intolerances are more often than not, caused by a weak or struggling liver. I believe that my liver was compromised by the thyroid medication that I took 12 years ago.

I have all the information available to strengthen and repair my liver, but it requires a solid commitment that I need to psyche myself into! We all know how difficult it is to make drastic dietary changes and I’ve made a few in my time. You’d think it would get easier! 

The one promising thing is that a successful outcome would mean I could reintroduce some of the above foods without issue.

Anyway, when I’m ready, you’ll be the first to know.

The reason I’m telling you this is because in the last 2 days I’ve eaten small amounts of both nuts and desiccated coconut and I have suffered for it with strong stomach cramps for more than 24 hours.

Not pleasant.

Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

I struggled at work today - it was really busy - and I cancelled the journaling class.

My food intake was a glass of celery juice, a cup of peppermint/licorice/lemon tea, some vegan ice cream, some plain coconut yoghurt with banana.

We said farewell to Lady Lynn at coffee this morning. It was very emotional and we all struggled to hold it together, using humour to lighten the load. It’s not like we’ll NEVER see her again! 😳 It just feels that way.

*sigh*

I’m hoping that after a good nights sleep, I will wake up feeling normal again.

So on that note ...

Nite all.



No comments: