Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 28, 2020

Worth It

It was definitely worth opening the shop today.

Sales were good and in between customers I wrote up most of my January newsletter.

Adoring Husband arrived early to help me close the shop so that Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair could pick me up and we could drive into The Bay for a shopping frenzy.

Of course, there was no shopping frenzy because today was recognised as the Boxing Day Public holiday and very few shops were open. We went to the RSL Club instead. I won $100 on keno and BGWLBH broke even for the afternoon.

We were there for about 2 hours and walked over to Coles to do some grocery shopping before driving home.

I spent a good portion of time chopping up fruit and bagging it for the freezer so that we can make smoothies every morning. I used 1 pineapple, 2 punnets of blueberries, 2 punnets of strawberries, a punnet of boysenberries, a punnet of blackberries, a punnet of red currents, 3 bananas, 2 mangoes, 2 pears, 4 plums and 3 kiwi fruit.

That all made 9 bags of chopped mixed fruit.

We threw together a salad and ate that with leftover roast pork and ham for dinner.

It was 6.30pm and we all declared that we were exhausted and headed our separate ways.

I was in bed when I received a text telling me that the BBC2 Pop Master quiz was recommencing tonight, so I played that.

Adoring Husband is sound asleep beside me and now it’s my turn to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: