Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Fab Finish

It was a fab finish to the week.

A slow start to the day but a fab finish to that as well.

Today I found out that the local cafe is going to be closed in the last week of February so that confirmed to me that it’s the right time for me to close as well. I rely a bit (not heavily) on their customers killing time while they wait for their food to be prepared.

February is traditionally quiet and the caravan parks are pretty empty at the moment so there’s not a lot of holiday traffic.

Having said that, I’ve already had higher sales in the first two weeks of this month than all of last February so that’s comforting.

Despite lockdown, Chicklet seems to have had a good birthday and received a beautiful bicycle as her main gift.


I FaceTimed her this afternoon and I think it’s the first time in months that I’ve spoken to her face to face. It was lovely and she showed me her birthday gifts before going off to ice her cake - she promised to eat an extra piece each for Poppy and I.

Tonight I got very carried away online shopping and purchased a bundle of baby clothes and accessories for my new grandchild. Fingers crossed that I actually get there to deliver them!

Now I’m in bed watching the Aussie, Alex de Minaur play against the Italian, Fabio Fognini in the Aussie Open. The Aussie will put up a good fight but I doubt that he will win. You never know.

I’m looking forward to my self care day tomorrow. No plans. I’ll just take it as it comes.

Nite all.

No comments: