Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Productive

I had a very productive day at the shop.

Paying bills, ordering stock, speaking to reps, filing, steaming clothes (still never ending), taking delivery of all the Lorraine Lea goodies that everyone ordered ten days ago, photocopying, budgeting, pricing, displaying, mailing out online purchases and starting my February newsletter.

By 1.30pm I was feeling a bit worn out.

My cleaner did a lovely job of cleaning the shop kitchen which was a bit of a disaster area after Saturday’s art class and she squeezed in a bit of dusting as well.

My guilty pleasure took precedence when I arrived home and I watched a few more episodes of New Girl before preparing stuffed giant mushrooms and salad for dinner. I stuffed them with onion, spinach, bacon, finely chopped sweet potato and chicken. Salt, lots of white pepper, a pinch of coconut sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Adoring Husband ate all of his mushroom and half of mine. They were almost as big as a bread and butter plate!

I’m watching the tennis tonight and so far, a mixed bag for the Aussies. Stosur is playing right now and I don’t hold out much hope for her. She is easily psyched out.

I slept really well last night - a solid 7 hours. I hope to repeat that tonight.

Our bird has flown the nest! AH said that it was sitting up on the edge of the nest this afternoon and by the time we arrived home from the shop, it had disappeared! In past years, the chicks have spent the day running around on the ground making annoying chirping sounds for hours, so I hope it didn’t meet an untimely end by getting swept up by a raptor or something equally horrific.

Sales were average in the shop today, so February is looking pretty good for me to take some time off. I might take a week near the end. We’ll see.

That’s it for my news.

Nite all.


No comments: