Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Light On

It was another night, light on sleep.

I was out of bed at 5.15am making warm lemon water and showering to prepare for my early start.

Adoring Husband and I left the house at 6.30am and The Gypsy arrived at the shop at 6.45am. We got to catch up before the hordes arrived for meditation.

We were two short of a full house for meditation and she had us all mesmerised for more than an hour. Many individuals felt that the class was tailored specifically for them and we all got such a lot out of the theme which was “Mind Over Matter”.

There were four ladies who stayed afterwards for a chat.

It was a very slow sales day which gave me a chance to steam some more clothes and display them, photograph some stock and post it to Facebook, do some filing and experiment with embellishing some art.

I’m still trying to get through 7 seasons of New Girl on Netflix and am part way through season 5, so that was my guilty pleasure this afternoon.

AH cooked some snags on the barbecue which we had with salad and now I’m watching Nick Kyrgios play against Ugo Humbert in the Aussie Open tennis.

I’m feeling pretty weary so I hope that helps me sleep more soundly tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: