Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Juicy Beginning & End

Our bed seems to be letting me down. 

I struggle to get comfortable and my lower back hurts during the night. I’m hoping that my new Lorraine Lea pillows will make a difference.

I tried Valerian Forte and it seemed to work for the first 3 nights but the following 10 days were a fail.

Valerian Forte is a natural remedy that helps reduce the time it takes you fall asleep, supports refreshing sleep, reduces restless sleep while helping you wake up feeling clear headed.

So in an attempt to improve my energy levels after such a restless sleep, I made a morning smoothie with blueberries, kiwi fruit, banana and dragon fruit. It was refreshingly delicious.

We were pretty light on in numbers for morning tea with just four of us in attendance and I got about 30 minutes with the girls before those pesky customers rained on my morning tea.

There was a steady flow of customers with good sales for the day.

I could have lay down for a nap at about 1pm but I made a cup of tea instead.

There was a customer in the shop until 2.05pm. Adoring Husband was closing up and I was preparing for the journaling class. Luckily that customer was in obvious need of retail therapy so it wasn’t at all painful to delay the class.

It was a great class. I’m really enjoying the journaling and the girls who participate.

After the class, AH and I folded all the tables, removed Saturday’s art, vacuumed the floors in the shop and the training room, then set out the chairs for meditation. 

We did a quick grocery shop before heading home and I dipped my toes in the pool contemplating whether to get changed for a swim but decided to plant my butt on the couch for an hour before preparing dinner.

But first I made a pineapple, pear and mint smoothie. I’d bought a fresh bunch of mint from the supermarket and it was so deliciously fragrant I just HAD to find a way to use some of it immediately! It was perfect 💕

Barramundi with sweet potato chips and salad for dinner. It was delicious!!

I am now in bed watching the tennis. The Aussie, Gavrilova, is winning.

Our bird is getting closer to leaving the nest ...



Some more wedding pics ...











Time for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: