Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Mindless Drivel

Clearly, Saturday took it all out of me because I was asleep by about 9pm and this blog did not even enter my mind!

It was an average Saturday for sales but most of those sales happened before 10.30am so I spent the remainder of the morning practicing the paint pouring technique that I was planning for the class. One of the art girls arrived right on 9am to help me set up the room which was incredibly helpful.

I received a surprise visit from The Motivator during the morning. We didn’t get much time together but we had a quick catch up and a couple of good squeezy hugs.

Everybody arrived on time for the class and we had, as usual, a lot of fun!












It was 4pm by the time everybody left and I was absolutely exhausted! Hence the early bedtime, missed blog post and instant sleep!

Sunday has been a day full of mindless drivel.

Binge watching New Girl, catching the second half of a Jumanji movie followed by the silliness of Holey Moley.

I considered swimming in the pool but just couldn’t be bothered changing into my swimmers or walking out to the pool!

I was motivated enough to make mushrooms, spinach and shallots for breakfast and then add some extras to last nights leftovers to create a nutritious dinner for tonight.

That’s my weekend!





Now I sleep again!

Nite all.

No comments: