Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 29, 2021

Cursed Covid

Still no baby and today is the due date. 

Thanks to the cursed covid, Victoria has now closed its borders to Queenslanders.

This displeases me.

While anger, disappointment and frustration are pointless emotions that serve no purpose and change nothing, I am practicing loving detachment instead. Eventually, I will get to see my family again, meet my new son-in-law face to face and more importantly meet and cuddle my new grandchild in a safe environment.

Now that parts of Queensland are in lockdown and the rest of us are required to wear masks and practice social distancing, Wednesdays meditation class has been cancelled and I am, for the first time, searching for a mask to wear while serving in the shop.

I considered closing the shop for the week leading up to Easter but have decided to push ahead and at least test the waters on Tuesday.

I started to declutter my jewellery.

After about an hour, I removed three ziplock sandwich bags full of jewellery and a few other loose items. I’ve begun to fill another container with silver jewellery that needs cleaning.

I still can’t see any difference on my dressing table 😳

Perhaps if I do a little at a time, I can gradually reduce the clutter and clear the mess, otherwise it’s going to take an entire day ... or more!

Here are some ‘before’ pics which DON’T include the small suitcase that is also half full of jewellery.



Today I enjoyed a Netflix day in bed.

I got out of bed to do a lamb rack with roast veggies and gravy for dinner. Damn it was good!

Now I’m going back to bed to watch MAFS.

Nite all.

No comments: