Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 2, 2021

Halfway There

Still no baby 🀰🏻🀷🏼‍♀️

It’s been a nice couple of days.

Thursday was an average day of sales in the shop and I had visits from The Brains Trust AND Aggie which was nice.

There are a lot of people in town but the weather is wet, cool and windy so I’m not sure how much longer they will all stick around.

Our Good Friday street party was cancelled at the final hour due to the weather and I’m lying in bed with the windows open listening to the wind and rain and feeling the cool breeze floating across the bed.

It will be a nice way to fall asleep tonight.

Adoring Husband and I were both awake at 4am this morning concerned about the loud humming noise coming from the neighbours house. At first we thought it was either our pool pump or a broken tap somewhere, but stepping outside, it was soon obvious that the sound was coming from over the fence.

The noise ceased at 6am and we haven’t spoken to the neighbours to find out what it was, but I received a phone call from another neighbour who thought it was coming from our place too.

I needed a nap this afternoon to make up for the lost sleep.

During today, Good Friday, we enjoyed sandcrab, king prawns and barramundi for our meals.

I’m about halfway through clearing my jewellery. I still have to empty the two big jewellery cases, but the suitcase is now empty, I have a huge bag of junk jewellery to toss away (broken, chipped, tarnished, old and faded) and a bigger bag of jewellery to sell as pre-loved and a small collection of jewellery never worn to sell as new.

Before:   

Halfway:  


I’m working every day until next weekend so I doubt I’ll get more done this week but you never know when the urge will hit me. There is also a box full of silver jewellery that needs cleaning - not the most fun job in the world.

I have an art workshop tomorrow afternoon and have some big setting up to do early so I’m off to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: