Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Well Rested

Still no baby.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody look this good at 9 months pregnant ...

... in case you’re wondering what she’s doing, she’s fighting off the zombies 🧟‍♀️ 

I slept SO well last night!

The first session was 4pm - 11pm. I was awake for 3 hours from 11pm - 2am. Then easily fell asleep and slept soundly from 2am til 7.30am which is when Adoring Husband woke me to say goodbye as he left for the second day of his first aid training.

He was worried about me.

I still stayed in my snug and comfy bed until 8.30am. I was pretty hungry since I missed dinner the night before so tea and toast was my breakfast of choice and I took it back to bed with me.

At 11am I decided to go for a swim and the water and sun were lovely. I swam a few laps, sat in the sunshine for twenty minutes then swam a few more laps which made me hungry again.

I took a risk and chopped up some boiled eggs with garlic aioli and crunchy cos lettuce, salt and pepper. It was delicious and satisfying and so far my tummy seems pretty happy.

My plan after lunch was to declutter my jewellery but when I turned on the TV while I ate, the last two Twilight movies were showing on Foxtel back to back and that was the end of my decluttering plan!

AH arrived home much earlier than I expected, but then left again to do some mowing for work, so I enjoyed some more quiet time.

It certainly wasn’t quiet when he returned but that’s another story that I won’t share here.

Dinner was barramundi with green salad and the leftover egg salad. Yummy.

AH is obviously all worn out because he is dozing in his chair beside me as we watch the final footy game of the round. I’ve had a good round in the tipping with 6 correct tips out of 8. I’m happy with that.

I’ll attempt to declutter the jewellery again tomorrow but most importantly, Monday was set aside for decluttering the linen cupboard, so that might have to be first priority.

I think I’ll sleep well again tonight.



Nite all.

No comments: