Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Invisible

Soooooo many people in town but it seems they don’t know that my shop exists.

I need a spruker!

Hopefully being open for the next couple of days will make a difference and grab some attention.

Today ended up being a good sales day because the art girls had a bit of a spending spree after the class. A couple of glasses of wine will do that haha.

We had some early showers and then gale force winds for most of the day, so I guess that would stop people from being outdoors for too long. Tomorrow’s weather forecast is even worse so who knows if it’ll be worth opening the shop.

Even with two of our regulars pulling out at the last minute, the art class was fantastic today. We created feathers but I forgot to take photos! I’ll do it tomorrow.

This is us ...

and this is what’s happening to my left had at the moment! It’s been like this for almost two weeks. It’s not a bruise and the skin is smooth so it’s not a rash. It’s not painful, just concerning.


I made butter chicken for Adoring Husband’s dinner and I finished off the last of the prawns. I’m about to package up the leftovers and then head to bed. It’s been a big day and I’m tired (I also drank 3 glasses of wine today 😳)

Nite all.

No comments: