Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Not a Fan

I have to say that I’m not a fan of masks.

Feeling hot and sweaty from my nose to my chin is not a pleasant experience and I’m guessing that the QLD humidity provides added discomfort.

At first it was announced that these protocols would only be in place for three days but it seems that the Covid cases are spreading and I have the dreaded feeling that life as we know it is once again about to change and we’ll be rethinking our habits and schedules.

I wonder if, like last year, I’ll be closing the shop for 6 weeks and binge watching another old TV series while we rid ourselves of the current Covid cases.

*sigh*

I am practicing loving detachment.

My new grandchild is about to enter this world and it’s not looking good for our introduction.

Loving detachment šŸ§˜‍♀️šŸ’•

Considering the current state of affairs, sales were good in the shop today. My new cleaner came in and filled her hour over achieving. She’s a power house who really gets s#@& done. I feel very spoilt.

The journaling class was very chatty and even though we didn’t get any journaling done, plenty of subjects were discussed that will be included in our stories. The 90 minutes absolutely flew by!

Dinner tonight was Peking duck with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and mash. It was REALLY good.

I spent 30 minutes on the jewellery decluttering job and again, hardly made a dent.

Small steps.



Sleep time for me. At least I don’t have to get up early for meditation in the morning!

Nite all.

No comments: